Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Pani puri Bhel puri masala - South Indian style

Soak 100g Yellow/White peas overnight.

Cook potatoes separately and peel the skin.

Cook the soaked peas.

Add the following to the cooking peas:

Garam Masala powder
Turmeric powder
Red chilli powder
Corriander powder
Ginger and Garlic paste 1 spoon
Salt

Add the cooked potatoes (lightly mashed) in the end and mix well.

Garnish with little corriander leaves and little Vellam(Sugar)
Add lemon if required for taste.

Serve with puris(gol gappa).
Garnish with finely chopped onions and coriander leaves.

Recipe source : An anonymous pani puri maker in north coimbatore

2 Comments:

At 12:54 PM , Blogger Venky said...

ever since I left Coimbatore, not a day has gone by without me getting nostalgic about our very own "kongu naatu" bhel puri as I like to call it...many thanks to you for posting parts of the recipe here...but you could have made my lot a lot easier if you would have posted in more detail about the quantity of ingredients to be used and the method itself as I am still only finding my feet in the kitchen and this if I ever dare to try would be the single most ambitious projet of my fledgling chef life...bad you dinna leave an email in your profile, but good that you are currently in Richmond which is only a stone's throw from where I am...(that is if stones can travel 90 miles which I doubt :-) )...not sure if you ll get around to read this comment of mine, but if you do please buzz me at 757.515.8758 or mail me at prankster.in.wave@gmail.com as I d luv to hear in detail about my dream recipe...Adios!

 
At 7:48 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Venki,

I am also a big fan of "kongu naatu bhel puri" :) With so much of difficulty I finally found the cbe style recipe. I am curious to know if you tried this and did it taste authentic?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home